SMPS Virginia Chapter is the definitive resource for marketing and sales of professional services for the built and natural environment in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We currently have over 80 members with firms from Roanoke to Charlottesville to Virginia Beach. The Architectural/ Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry represents the majority of principals and marketers in our organization. We encourage all individuals involved in any aspect of marketing
to participate in our programs and organization.
- Opportunity – Professional development, networking, visibility for yourself and your firm and leadership within SMPS are only a few of the opportunities that are available to you as a member.
- Education – Each month (between September and May) the Virginia Chapter holds meetings and presents industry experts to lecture on a wide range of hot topics. Members can attend these events at a substantially reduced rate.
- Resources – As a member, you will receive a subscription to the Marketer magazine which is a bimonthly publication covering the basics as well as the latest trends and techniques in marketing.
- National Membership Directory - As a member you will receive the National Membership Directory which is a comprehensive listing of all members nationwide and is an effective networking tool.
- SMPS.org - Access to the “Members Only” section of both the National and Virginia SMPS website. These are both useful resources where you can go to get information on hot markets, job opportunities, member directories and other professional development resources.
- Access to the Listserv – As a member you will have access to first-hand advice on specific issues you are facing in the industry. All you need is an email account.
- Virtual Library – A collection of available resources including books, audio tapes, CD’s, videos, and other publications that can be checked out by the member and returned after use.
- Discounts on various subscriptions to industry related publications and books from the SMPS Bookstore.
- CPSM Examination – Raises the professional standards and stature of marketing and business development in the design and construction industry, encourages self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement in the rofession; recognizes individuals who have demonstrated knowledge of the practice and related disciplines through a test of basic competency; enhances the credibility of the profession in the industry; and influences the future of the field.
For more information
The SMPS National website offers access to a directory of all
SMPS members. Access is only for SMPS members and requires a login.