Timmons Group, an ENR Top 500 design firm, is currently seeking a highly motivated Marketing Coordinator to join the firm’s award-winning marketing team in our Richmond headquarters. To be successful in this role you should have 3 or more years of marketing experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications. The ideal candidate will have well-rounded capabilities in written communication and graphics including knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects independently. Previous experience with Deltek Vision is a plus.
Proposal Development — Organizes, coordinates and manages activities involved in the preparation of marketing proposals, submittals, qualifications and grant applications, which involves writing and design production. Collaborates closely with principals to develop winning strategies for proposals and presentations. Ensures that all aspects of proposal (technical scope, staff qualifications, project experience, firm qualifications) and other marketing materials are accurate, timely and compelling. Must consistently produce error-free documents, under strict deadlines, ensuring that all major and minor details are covered.
- Marketing Support — Works with Principals and other internal customers to develop support materials and qualifications packages to support the firm’s Business Development efforts.
Other responsibilities include:
- Graphic Layout — Works with our internal clients to develop high quality graphics and brochure materials.
- Marketing Communications — Development of marketing materials such as brochures, mailers, advertisements and other collateral.
- CRM & Database Management — Maintains and monitors Client Relationship Management software system, including opportunities tracking and prospect information. Assures all staff, client and project experience information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills – We are looking for an outstanding writer that is creative, innovative, and versatile, with a proven ability to write compelling descriptions, persuasive appeals and convincing proposals. Experience in technical writing is a plus.
- Strong graphic skills – Experience in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is essential. Excellent skills in MS PowerPoint and Word required. CRM software experience, graphic design and web design a plus.
- Tremendous project management skills – You will be required to interview subject matter experts and create content from their information. Must be process-oriented and be able to multi-task to meet deadline-driven projects.
- Super collaborative, yet able to work independently – You’ll need strong interpersonal & collaborative teamwork skills to work effectively with various internal clients with different personalities, schedules, processes and needs. But you’ll also need to be able to manage your assignments independently and take the lead to successfully execute projects that support marketing initiatives.
- Consultative & value-added approach – This position requires someone who can build credibility and confidence with internal clients and act as an internal marketing consultant providing tactical recommendations on marketing projects. We also need someone who can offer new ideas and suggestions on how to do things better, and anticipate rather than react.
Timmons Group is a values-based ENR 500 multi-disciplined professional services firm and a leading provider of civil engineering, GIS & geospatial technology services, geotechnical engineering, environmental services, construction management, landscape architecture and land surveying. The firm employs is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, and has regional offices in Virginia Beach, Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia; Prince George, Virginia; Ashburn, Virginia; Greensboro, North Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Charlotte, North Carolina. Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.