Certified Professional Services Marketer Program
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) is committed to being the premier resource for education and information in marketing professional services in the built and natural environments. The Society’s certification program seeks to enhance the professional standing of professional services marketers and business developers with their employers, their peers, and the public.
The Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) is recognized as an individual who has met a rigorous standard of experience and expertise in marketing professional services and who agrees to adhere to the ethics and responsibilities of the profession as outlined in the CPSM Code of Ethics.
Benefits Of Certification Program
When you apply for the CPSM examination, you are taking your first step toward joining a distinguished group of professionals who have made a commitment to professional excellence, career advancement, and ongoing pursuit of knowledge.
This voluntary certification is designed to:
- Raise the professional standards and stature of marketing and business development in the design and construction industry
- Encourage self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement in the profession
- Recognize individuals who have demonstrated knowledge of the practice and related disciplines through a test of basic competency
- Enhance the credibility of the profession in the industry
- Influence the future of the field.
The CPSM designation is a mark of distinction. The achievement offers you a wide range of important benefits:
- Improved ability to compete in the job market
- Enhanced credibility as a professional in the A/E/C community
- Potential for increased compensation and benefits.
Upon earning the CPSM designation, you will receive:
- a personalized certificate of achievement
- a CPSM lapel pin
- a notification letter sent to your employer
- acknowledgement in SMPS’s publications, on our web site, and at the National Marketing Conference.